18 Reasons Why You Should Volunteer
Someone once said that “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” If you are tired of complaining of all the wrong circumstances you see and are ready to do something about the problems in our society, here are some reasons why you should finally make time to volunteer:
- It will boost your morale.
- It will give you a sense of purpose.
- You will have a reason to wake up in the morning.
- It will teach you to be selfless.
- You will realize how blessed you are.
- You will make a difference in every life that you touch.
- It will make you happier.
- You will know that you are doing something worthwhile.
- It will exercise your brain power.
- You will be more grateful of the things that you have.
- You are now part of the solution and not the problem.
- It will make you more human.
- You will meet a lot of inspiring people.
- You will have friends from all parts of the world.
- It will teach you how to be humble.
- It will broaden your view of the world.
- You will meet people from all walks of life.
- You become the change that you want to see in the world.
What is your passion? Are you into building homes? Do you like teaching arts and crafts? Do you like teaching kids? Are you into health-care? Choose a volunteer work that you love and join the NGOs that share your passion. Make things happen. “Dreams mean work.” You only have one life to live. Make it count.